This Privacy Notice describes why we gather personal data and how we handle it.
We will use your information to look after your account, to personalise your use of The Message Wall, to process your subscription (if you are the person responsible) and to send you information about the product and features (if you agree).
We will not share your information for marketing purposes to other organisations.
If you would like to make a request for your data to be erased from our systems, you can do so using the contact information below.
By using The Message Wall and agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to the collection, storage and use of your personal data as detailed below.
If you have any comments or concerns about the above notice please get in touch with us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In more detail…
In designing our software we ensure we collect the minimum amount of data required to make our services work. This notice also outlines what privacy and security considerations we expect from you in relation to using The Message Wall. This document has been reviewed as part of our compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- We collect information from you when you sign up to The Message Wall. This information includes your Name, Organisation/Institution and an email address. We will also gather contact information including postcode and address of the organisation the subscription is provided to.
- By registering and using The Message Wall you are allowing us to provide you with services via the The Message Wall website. It is your responsibility to ensure that we are kept up to date if the information changes or becomes invalid.
- We will only use the information collected to provide you with The Message Wall.
- All personal data that is uploaded to The Message Wall will not be transferred to a country outside the EEA. Where you opt into our mailing list and newsletter service, data used for this will be transferred to, stored at and processed in a location outside the EEA.
- We may collect other data about you in a variety of ways including:
- via app and website usage, by IP address and when you log in;
- during conversations or correspondence with The Message Wall staff;
- when a transaction such as a subscription or renewal takes place;
- from third parties such as an online search.
- By uploading video material to The Message Wall you are publishing it to a server based outside the UK. The video material can only be seen by people with access to your school system with the website address. Any material uploaded can be seen by staff at The Message Wall and may be viewed to assist in support issues. By uploading materials, you are agreeing that you have obtained any permissions for the content to be published from any existing copyright owners and any individuals featured in the content.
- Cookies collect data about your use of the The Message Wall Platform which is then anonymised and used to help us improve our online services. Cookies remember your preferences and make the service easier for you to use. These cookies are placed on your device either by The Message Wall or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the The Message Wall Platform. Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit our website, while others persist for a longer period.
- We may use your personal details (Name, Email address, Twitter handle, Telephone) to contact you regarding our services and your account. By providing us with your details and opting in to receive such communications, you are allowing us to do this via Email, Twitter and Telephone.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Individual IP addresses used to access the site are recorded and may be used to help secure the service in the event of breaches.
- We will never share your details with another organisation without your prior consent. The only exception to this is where such a disclosure is required by Law. We may from time to time collect and anonymise data to produce statistics, for product improvement or for service monitoring provided this does not include any personal data.
- Third party tools that we make use of which could process your data include WaveApps and Google Analytics
- We may use your personal data to send you information about changes to The Message Wall such as new features and developments. You can opt in and out of receiving such information by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any communication.
- The data we hold should be accurate and kept up to date. Some of the data can be changed by yourself through the user Profile or administration tools. Where data cannot be changed you can contact us to correct the information via the details below.
- During your subscription, we will hold all data relevant to providing the service. When your subscription lapses we will retain your The Message Wall content for 30-days past expiration in case you miss the renewal date. After the 30-days the content and users on your system will be permanently deleted. We will retain the institution name and any generic contact details in order to track that a subscription once existed.
- All reasonable steps and processes are in place to prevent your data from being accessed by an unauthorised party. If you believe that there has been a breach of access and your data has been disclosed please contact us.
- In the event that The Message Wall is bought by another entity then the data held on the The Message Wall service will transfer to the new owner along with this Privacy Notice. The new entity may continue to use the data gathered in the way this notice describes.
- Any changes to this notice may be made from time to time. If the changes alter the way we deal with or hold your data you will be prompted to read and agree to them again. The current version will always be displayed on the The Message Wall website.
If you have any comments or concerns about the above notice please get in touch with us by email at email@example.com
Last updated: May 22, 2018